NTrace preprocessor doesn't specify error location

Apr 28, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Hi,

After running a script which changed all our code to work with NTrace, I've tried building it and got NTrace preprocessor error - the problem is that the error location (i.e. File,Line,Column) is not specified.

The specific error code, for what it matters, is 'NTRC0508: Format string argument index is greater than the number of supplied arguments.' although I've noticed that the same behavior (not showing error location) with other preprocessor errors as well.

As my script changed hundreds of code lines, it's quite a blocker now for us.

Thanks,

--Eran

Coordinator
Apr 28, 2011 at 12:38 PM
Yes, this was one of the problems of the v1.X drops; it would simply report that you had a problem without any contextual information. I did a lot of work on v2 to address this exact issue. Currently, the only thing holding up a drop of the new version is getting the VSPackage to register properly with Visual Studio 2010/2008, so here's what I'm thinking: to unblock you (and to get something out there that people can start working with), I'll remove the VSPackage registration and release that when it's working properly. That should get you to a state where you see more descriptive errors, and of course I'll want to know if it doesn't so I can find where the error reporting's not working properly.

-Andy

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 3:21 AM, eranhare <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

After running a script which changed all our code to work with NTrace, I've tried building it and got NTrace preprocessor error - the problem is that the error location (i.e. File,Line,Column) is not specified.

The specific error code, for what it matters, is 'NTRC0508: Format string argument index is greater than the number of supplied arguments.' although I've noticed that the same behavior (not showing error location) with other preprocessor errors as well.

As my script changed hundreds of code lines, it's quite a blocker now for us.

Thanks,

--Eran

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NTrace@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NTrace@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Thanks, that's great! looking forward to test it.

Will V2 include some release notes/readme file of bug fixes and new features over previous version?

Coordinator
Apr 28, 2011 at 4:00 PM
That is indeed on the TODO list :)

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 8:48 AM, eranhare <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thanks, that's great! looking forward to test it.

Will V2 include some release notes/readme file of bug fixes and new features over previous version?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NTrace@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NTrace@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com