Function name is truncated using TraceView

Jun 29, 2011 at 7:56 AM

Hi,

When using TraceView for viewing trace output, I've noticed that when the namespace is longer than 63 characters, it shows only the 1st 63 characters in the 'Func Name' column. When the namespace is shorter than 63 chars, TraceView shows the entire namespace+function (even when the total length exceeds 63 bytes).

When formatting the etl to csv using tracefmt, nothing is truncated, but the file name showed is the preprocessed name (e.g. myfile_csNNN).

Is there any other way to get the correct data displayed?

Thanks,

--Eran

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2011 at 4:04 PM
Hello! I'm afraid I don't have an answer for why TraceView would be truncating the names.
The myfile_cs_NNN formatting is actually the file name plus the source line number that the trace message came from (can be quite useful when diagnosing an error message).

-Andy

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 3:56 AM, eranhare <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

When using TraceView for viewing trace output, I've noticed that when the namespace is longer than 63 characters, it shows only the 1st 63 characters in the 'Func Name' column. When the namespace is shorter than 63 chars, TraceView shows the entire namespace+function (even when the total length exceeds 63 bytes).

When formatting the etl to csv using tracefmt, nothing is truncated, but the file name showed is the preprocessed name (e.g. myfile_csNNN).

Is there any other way to get the correct data displayed?

Thanks,

--Eran

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NTrace@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NTrace@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com