tmf file name

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Hi,

We've been using NTrace for a couple of months now and I've noticed that the tmf files keep they name from build to build. Last week I saw that one of those tmfs suddenly got a new name (and kept it since).

Do you have any idea what could have caused that name change? Is there a way to control over the tmf file name?

Thanks,

--Eran

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2011 at 6:05 PM
Hello, Eran!

We currently calculate the TMF guid by generating a hash of the source file's contents; as you have discovered, it can be a bit too eager to generate a new GUID, but it's the safest way to ensure that you don't accidentally try to decode a message against an incorrect TMF. I do have plans to change the hash algorithm to only use the trace messages, but it's a more complicated approach and has been deferred until the next version (which will hopefully use Roslyn).

-Andy Hopper

-Andy Hopper

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 4:43 AM, eranhare <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

We've been using NTrace for a couple of months now and I've noticed that the tmf files keep they name from build to build. Last week I saw that one of those tmfs suddenly got a new name (and kept it since).

Do you have any idea what could have caused that name change? Is there a way to control over the tmf file name?

Thanks,

--Eran

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NTrace@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NTrace@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 21, 2011 at 7:49 AM

So if I understand correctly, the bottom line is that I can't change the tmf file name to the name it was before, right?

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2011 at 3:31 AM
Correct.

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 2:49 AM, eranhare <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

So if I understand correctly, the bottom line is that I can't change the tmf file name to the name it was before, right?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NTrace@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NTrace@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com