NTrace support for VS2012

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Hi,

Are there any plans for VS2012 support? If so, is there any ETA for that?

We're currently heavily using NTrace with VS2010, and about to migrate our source code to VS2012, and from initial tests we saw that NTrace is not supported.

Thanks,

--Eran

Nov 25, 2012 at 9:42 PM

.net 4.5 has ETW support build in with the class System.Diagnostics.Tracing.EventSource

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.tracing.eventsource.aspx

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Thanks Andre.

This solution will not work for us:

1. We have a lot of NTrace code in out product and migrating it will require a lot of dev and test work
  2. We currently work with .net 3.5 and don't have any plans moving to a later version in the coming future 

I don't know what's the maintenance level of NTrace these days, but I need to get any answer re/ NTrace support for VS2012, so we can plan accordingly.

Thanks,

--Eran

Coordinator
Nov 29, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Hey, Eran-

I don't check this account as often; sorry it took so long to respond. Yes, I'm porting NTrace to 2012 and the new MSBuild targets for 4.5.

-Andy

On Nov 29, 2012 9:44 AM, "eranahare" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thanks Andre.

This solution will not work for us:

1. We have a lot of NTrace code in out product and migrating it will require a lot of dev and test work
  2. We currently work with .net 3.5 and don't have any plans moving to a later version in the coming future

I don't know what's the maintenance level of NTrace these days, but I need to get any answer re/ NTrace support for VS2012, so we can plan accordingly.

Thanks,

--Eran

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NTrace@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NTrace@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 29, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have any ETA for the VS2012 NTrace? I'd like to be a Beta tester:-)

Something I didn't quite understand re/ your last sentence - does it mean that it will work just with 4.5 on 2012, or will it still support earlier .net versions (as 2010 supports 3.5)?

Thanks,

--Eran

Coordinator
Nov 29, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I welcome any and all beta testers!

And I meant that I'll be *adding* support for 4.5; prior versions should continue to work.

On Nov 29, 2012 10:27 AM, "eranahare" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have any ETA for the VS2012 NTrace? I'd like to be a Beta tester:-)

Something I didn't quite understand re/ your last sentence - does it mean that it will work just with 4.5 on 2012, or will it still support earlier .net versions (as 2010 supports 3.5)?

Thanks,

--Eran

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NTrace@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NTrace@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Great, thanks!

Do you have any estimation about when you'll have a testable build?

Thanks,

--Eran

May 23, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Hi,

Are there any news re/ that? We're about to migrate our code to VS2012 and this is currently a blocker for us.

Thanks,
--Eran